Westwood Women's Lacrosse
Home of the Westwood Warriors
Welcome returning families, players and parents who are new to lacrosse, and those who are simply interested in learning more about the program. The board hopes you walk away from this meeting informed about the upcoming year and have many of your questions answered. We are here to serve you!
About Our Program
- Westwood Women’s Lacrosse is a 10-year-old program
- Lacrosse is a “club sport” which means we are not a UIL sport in Texas. Westwood Women’s Lacrosse is a 100% player/parent funded and managed. The club does not receive any support from Westwood High School or from RRISD. We do follow UIL guidelines, including player eligibility.
- Funds received go toward uniforms, tournaments, referees, equipment costs, field rentals, paid coaching staff, medical staff, etc.
- Games take place in the Georgetown - San Antonio corridor and a two-day tournament in College Station. There are 19 schools within the Central Texas High School Lacrosse League.
- The fall consists of conditioning and stick skills from October-early Jan and 2-3 scrimmages. The season officially begins in the spring and runs from the end of Jan - late April. Expect approx 12-15 games.
Learn more about the game:
We have several spirit wear items available for purchase. Please reach out to Amy Moravec for specific items and sizes.
COVID-19 Policies and Procedures:
We will be following UIL guidance and RRISD safety plan for practices and games.
- Temperature checks before practice
- Daily self-check on Teamsnap before ALL practices and games within 8 hours of start time. MANDATORY! NO EXCEPTIONS!
- Coaches will wear masks at practices and games as required by UIL and RRISD.
- Parents and spectators observing practice will be required to wear a mask.
- Players who are not actively participating in drills will be required to wear a mask on the sidelines.
- Players should make best efforts to maintain a distance of 6 feet from teammates when able to do so.
Please realize, these guidelines could change based on UIL and district regulations so we appreciate your patience as we navigate these uncharted waters.
https://www.uiltexas.org/policy/covid-19 (most recent updates 9/1/2020)