About the club
Meet Your board:
President: Lori Poppe Vice President: Erin Simmons
Fundraising: Amy Moravec Treasurer: Susan Bates
Social Chair: Jodi Shores School Liaison: Jennifer Arcaya
Tournament Coordinator: Ashley Hixson Uniforms: Lisa Landry
Board meetings are usually once a month, and they will be announced in advance so any parent is welcome to attend.
Facebook: Westwood Women’s Lacrosse
Team Snap: After you register please download the App for text alerts, emails, chats (You must have your Push Notifications enabled)
****If you are a returning player, please download the latest app update on your phone.
Costs Associated with the program:
May be paid in 3 installments (at registration, November 15th, and January 15th) and can be paid online through Teamsnap (ACH or Credit card); by Venmo (westwood_wlax), or by check.
2 Checks dated 5/1/2021***
Volunteer deposit: $250
Uniform deposit: $150
***These will be returned at the end of the season if volunteer requirements are met and complete uniform is turned in.
In the event of a cancelled season, refunds will be given based on a prorated amount, based on 7 months of practicing and games. Please note we incur fees from the start of the season all the way through the end.
In the event a student wishes to no longer pursue playing lacrosse and would like to withdraw from the team, there is a no refund policy. Coaches salaries, uniform orders and other supplies are all pre-ordered based on the number of players early in the fall so a large amount of funds are spent early in the year.
What’s included in Player Dues:
- Expert Coaching
- Rental of Uniform: jersey, skirt, black and white long-sleeve undershirt and backpack
- Rental of Boathouse jacket
- Yard Sign
- Game day shirt (to wear to school on game days)
Other Expenses to Budget for:
- Equipment Items needed below
- US Lacrosse Membership
- 1-2 nights hotel in College Station TX for Aggieland tournament in January. We will have a group block of rooms.
- 1-3 meals in College Station, TX for Aggieland tournament in January
- Occasional food cost
This program is 100% parent operated. Each player is expected to have a parent member volunteer a minimum of 5 hours throughout the year. Two additional hours must be at our ATX Tune Up Tournament in February. Any parent who brings in $500+ of donations from a business is exempt from the volunteer requirements.
Steps to Register: ***
- Sign Up or renew your US Lacrosse Membership - visit www.uslacrosse.org ***Membership must be valid through 5/1/2021.
- Visit https://go.teamsnap.com/forms/244435 and complete the online registration.
- Have a sports physical completed by your doctor and upload to your Teamsnap portal or turn in by October 15th.
- Need a copy of your insurance card - front and back.
- Complete and sign the WWLAX Player/Parent waiver
- Complete the COVID-19 waiver
- Complete and sign the Volunteer Agreement
- Pay the 1st installment of your dues. If paying by check, we need all 3 checks dated correctly
- Provide deposit checks of $250 for volunteer buy out and $150 uniform deposit.
- Complete the uniform order form
***We can help you with any of these steps. Questions after the meeting about registration? Contact Erin Simmons at 512-378-0210 or firstname.lastname@example.org